Thursday, October 29, 2009

Roy DeCarava, art photographer depicted the African American experience, dies

Roy DeCarava, an art photographer whose pictures of everyday life in Harlem helped clarify the African American experience for a wider audience, has died. He was 89.He died Tuesday in New York City, his daughter Wendy DeCarava said. The cause was not given.

...but was probably a crack overdose.

Woah! Where did THAT come from? NOT cool dude, NOT COOL!

I am really, really sorry all... Look, I was raised by my grandparents, and they came from a much different time, and maybe some of their backwards views and questionable humour is still inside me a bit. I try to fight it, I do.

I feel the need to make amends, I know this site is here for the sole purpose of finding humour in the macabre, but for this particular individual, I will not do that. Instead, I will pay tribute to this fallen artist by posting some of his most poignant work.

Please, enjoy.









May you rest in peace, sweet shutterbug.

No comments:

Post a Comment